Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Long weekend Gardening and Dancing


Actually there was more dancing than gardening, though we did get out on Monday afternoon. Fred did almost all of the lawn (skipped the Secret Garden, as it's mostly invisible and quite shady, so not much grass growing there). I planted a little and weeded a little and worked on the greenhouse - it needs more plastic but, despite some wind it managed to stay put while I taped it up. It isn't pretty but I think it will do the job.
The weather was not bad - as far as rainfall went - for the long weekend, but it was really chilly right up until yesterday, when the wind finally shifted. We are having fitful rain today but at least it's warmer. This is not what the farmers are looking for - they want warm and dry and windy for a week, or the crops can't go in. I keep starting seeds indoors as I don't know when I'll be able to get things going outdoors. Must look for more big pots for potatoes. They are still not showing above ground, by the way - I think they need heat as well. I'll get another roll of poly today and get the greenhouse closed in so they can warm up a little.
We had quite a bit of music and dance for the weekend: Saturday afternoon and Saturday night, Sunday at the Triangle, and Sunday night at ours. Our summer neighbours returned from California on Sunday too, so they dropped in for a while! It was great times.

No comments: