Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More on the iMac (wonder of the age)

There were a few teething pains after I last posted, but 2 hours on the telephone with the very nice Steve from Mac Tech Support on Monday night seems to have sorted it.

The problem? We have a 2.4 GHz cordless phone (on which I was speaking with him) and that's the frequency of the AirPort, (which is the cordless router). There were other problems too, but that was the one that kept the AirPort from working. I'm shopping for a new telephone (5.8 or 6 GHz this time) at once!

Helen is exactly right - there's barely time for knitting, now that this Macbaby has entered our lives. I have one Blueberry sock finished, and am working on the other - and have one Monkey at the heel flap and have started the mate, because I think I'm going to run out of yarn, and I MAY have to make heels and toes is a different colour.

I am definitely going to make my VERY NEXT pair of socks toe-up, two at a time, so I can be sure of the yarn supply.

No comments: