Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My yarn has arrived!

I have received the alpaca-and-nylon yarn I ordered at Belfast Mini Mills. It's beautiful to look at, but even more beautiful to touch. I have been having camera woes so no photos yet. Anyway I'll put the photos on Ravelry, I expect. It's a lovely warm beige colour, and who knew (certainly not *me*) - the Thomson tartan is a camel colour. This should work out well. Now to swatch and locate my Folk Socks book.

Yet more winter, although the most recent dose of snow-and-then-rain has been much less destructive than the last. We've been so busy with the various heritage-related activities (Awards last night, public meeting last Thursday and another tonight) that we've no time for music or dance, even when the weather allows.

Today, however, I went for a walk at lunchtime because it is a simply beautiful bright day - wind a bit brisk from the west but lovely when on the return journey. And the days are drawing out quite noticeably. Spring is on the way!

No comments: